Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ocean Spray Knit Cowl

One of my dear friends loves the dreamy color of Seafoam blue / green. I have kept this in mind over the years as I have gotten to know him... (to add - my very first BESTEST friend in First grade was obsessed with that color as well... so when I see that color - I think of her - and I think of C.L. as well - it is a very loaded color for me - lots of memories arise from it). As a token of gratitude for our lasting friendship, I decided to knit him a luxurious cowl made of yarn consisting of bamboo and acrylic. 
SPA yarn by naturallycaron.com in Ocean Spray:


I found this free pattern by Michelle Kaiser (Broken Rib Cowl) on Ravelry (if you are a knitter and yet to be a member - it is highly recommended)- it was a quick and easy knit - the yarn I used has a very smooth texture to it, so it actually felt NICE to knit - if that makes any sense at all?! lol


I still don't see too many cowls being worn by men (or women for that matter) - it is a wonderful option to a bulky scarf that can unravel all the time... I kind of envisioned him using it over T's or long sleeve shirts or even under blazers and jackets. There are many possibilities :)


My finished product: I really hope my friend likes it - and he is able to incorporate it into his wardrobe during the cooler months here in socal. 


 

maybe you'd like to try wearing a cowl?


........................................


"When words are both true and kind,
they can change our world"
—Buddha

No comments: